Passport Photo Requirements
For the renewal of your US passport, you need to bring one picture. (Check passport photo requirements here)
Please use the following checklist for your US passport photo:
- The photo must have been taken within the last six months.
- No glasses may be worn.
- The photo must be clear, front view and full face and be printed with a white plain background. The back of the photo must not be waxy or have a self-adhesive coating. Photos that have a grainy appearance will not be accepted.
- The photo must be in color, but they may not be tinted.
- The background of the photo must be white.
- The photo must be 5 cm by 5 cm (two inches by two inches) in size. The image size, from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head (including hair), should measure between 2.5 cm and 3.5 cm.
- Head coverings may not cover any portion of the applicant’s face and ears.
- We recommend a pleasant, relaxed pose in normal street attire, without a hat.
List of Photographers
- In the Brussels’ Area
- In other cities in Belgium
Nowadays, most photographers can produce acceptable photographs. The following photographers are in the neighborhood of the Embassy:
In the Brussels area:
Photo Cavell Photography
897 Ch. de Waterloo
Place Madou 8
Rue du Midi 50
Avenue Rogier 423
Elir Studio Photo & Photographe
Avenue Louise 137
Tel: 02/280 08 04
In other cities in Belgium:
Leuven – Tervuren
Foto Fransens BVBA
Half Daghmael 5
2030 Herent – Leuven
Onze Lieve Vrouwestraat 5
Rue de Gouy 7
Prodia Digital Labo Photo
Rue des Viaducs 212C
Avenue Reine Astrid 98/2
4900 – SPA
TEL: 0479 29 49 34
384 Chaussée de Bruxelles
Important Notice: Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the following requirements may result in rejection of your image.
|Image Requirements – Technical Specifications|
|Acquisition||The image file may be produced by acquiring an image witha digital camera or by digitizing a paper photograph with a scanner.|
|Dimensions||Image pixel dimensions must be in a square aspect ratio (meaning the height must be equal to the width). Minimum acceptable dimensions are 600 pixels (width) – 600 pixels (height). Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 pixels (width) – 1200 pixels (height).|
|Color||Must be in color (24 bits per pixel ) in sRGB color space (common output of most digital cameras).|
|File Format||Must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) file interchange format (JFIF).|
|File Size||Must be less than or equal to 240 kilobytes.|
|Compression||The image may need to be compressed in order for it to be under the maximum file size. The compression ratio used should be less than or equal to 20:1.|
|Additional Requirements if scanning|
|Print Size||If scanning the image from a paper photograph, the size of the paper photograph should be at least 2 inches – 2 inches (51 mm – 51 mm) square.|
|Resolution||Printed photographs should be scanned at a sampling frequency of at least 300 pixels per inch.|