What is the Investment Summit?
- The annual SelectUSA Investment Summit is where international investors come to learn about doing business in the United States and provides opportunities for economic development organizations (EDOs) of all sizes to compete on a level playing field.
- The Investment Summit connects qualified companies with U.S. economic development organizations to facilitate business investment and job creation.
- Since 2017, the SelectUSA Investment Summit has directly impacted more than $44.2 billion in new U.S. investment projects, supporting more than 37,000 U.S. jobs.
- The Department of Commerce’s global team recruits potential business investors from the United States and around the world that have the capability to, and interest in starting operations or expanding operations in the United States.
- During the Investment Summit these companies can meet with U.S. economic development organizations (EDOs) representing U.S. states and territories to discuss opportunities to invest or grow in the United States.
2021 SelectUSA Investment Summit
- The annual SelectUSA Investment Summit will take place June 7-11, 2021.
- The United States is the world’s top market in which to do business, and the 2021 Investment Summit will include five days of virtual programming to support business investment in the United States.
- Registration for the Investment Summit is now live at https://www.selectusasummit.us/.
- Preliminary agenda information, SelectUSA Tech updates, and more information are available online: https://www.selectusasummit.us/.
The SelectUSA Investment Summit is going virtual in 2021!
- With this year’s user-friendly virtual platform more investors from more markets will be able to connect with EDOs and representatives from more states and cities than ever before.
- 100+ Investment Academy sessions will be tailored to participant type and time zones, providing international companies and EDOs with actionable information on everything from building partnerships to workforce development.
What to expect at the 2021 Investment Summit:
- The Investment Summit brings the diversity of the United States together in a single virtual event, providing:
- A place to explore: More than 100 virtual exhibitors will showcase investment opportunities from every corner of the United States.
- A place to learn: High-profile business and government leaders will share insight on the latest business and investment policies and trends.
- A place to make business deals happen: Participants will find the practical tools, information, and connections they need to move investments forward.
- The Investment Summit networking tool helps participants set up virtual meetings with key attendees and maximize their time at the event.
- The virtual exhibition hall provides opportunities to make connections between businesses, economic development teams, U.S. government staff, and service providers.
- SelectUSA investment counselors and investment-focused staff from relevant U.S. government agencies provide one-on-one virtual counseling to support business investors and economic developers.
- Speakers include senior U.S. government officials, C-Suite business executives, and other thought leaders, discussing key policies and trends related to the U.S. investment environment and business opportunities.
- The Investment Academy will feature five days of jam-packed interactive programming providing virtual educational sessions for business investors and economic development officials looking to make the most of their Investment Summit experience.
- SelectUSA Tech offers unique opportunities for early-stage and startup tech companies at the Investment Summit at a discounted ticket price. o All SelectUSA Tech participants are invited to exhibit their product or service by including an in-depth demo video on their exhibitor profile.
- SelectUSA Tech participants can apply to pitch in front of a panel of venture capitalists and representatives from startup ecosystems across the United States in sessions categorized by industry, including aerospace, cybersecurity, e-commerce, Fintech, MedTech, and software.
- In addition to Investment Academy sessions open to all international companies, SelectUSA Tech participants can participate in tailored workshops focused on pitching, scaling, fundraising, and financing their startups, including sessions on investment opportunities in emerging technologies.
- Invitation-only virtual networking opportunities will facilitate connections among SelectUSA Tech participants, as well as startups, large corporations and EDOs interested in attracting innovative tech companies to their region.
- SelectUSA Global Women in Tech, a new SelectUSA effort for female entrepreneurs, will be featured at this year’s Investment Summit. SelectUSA Global Women in Tech will include mentorship networking and programing, highlighting lessons learned by successful foreign female founders who have expanded their business operations to the United States.
Info 👉 SelectUSABelgium@Trade.gov